CNC Components for the Energy Industry
Solutions to the Complex Parts Manufactured for the Energy Industry
The energy sector is necessary to modern society and is one of the biggest uses of CNC machined components. From wind and solar power to hydropower turbines, components built for the energy industry need to be made with the highest-quality materials and to exact specifications.
Owens Industries’ skilled CNC machinists work closely with you to custom-engineer the highest quality energy components which fit your specific project needs. You can count on us for the best precision parts made with the tightest tolerances.
5 Axis Milling for Unmatched Precision and Accuracy
We offer 5 axis milling for detailed components, micromachining for precise components of any size, deburring to ensure a secure seal, and more. Owens Industries has the knowledge, experience, and equipment to create a custom component for nearly any application. We’ll work with you and your designs to assess your situation and create the perfect component tailored to your specific needs.
Our precision machining capabilities for the energy industry include:
- Wire EDM - a very detailed process that entails using a thin wire as an electrode to cut a material (workpiece) with sparks. This process produces an extremely accurate cut and quality finish, even on the smallest of products.
- Ram EDM – rather than using a fine wire as an electrode, a negative-formed shape is used to create the spark erosion and achieve the desired component shape and details. Conventional EDM is often used when the desired cut or design feature does not need to penetrate through the entire workpiece.
- Lathes Turning - this operation is one of the most basic machining processes; the part is rotated while a single point cutting tool is moved parallel to the axis of rotation. Turning can be done on the external surface of the part as well as internally (boring).
- Micromachining - refers to the precise milling and manufacturing of extremely small parts and products. These components can be cut down to one-thousandth of a millimeter, helping make the production of micron parts more efficient and realistic.
- Swiss Machining – a type of machining that allows the lathe to move a component along several different axes, giving the part a precise cut with the tightest tolerances. Much like with 5-axis machining, Swiss machining lathes can rotate a component along 5 different axes.
- 5-Axis Machining – The cutting tool of a 5-axis machining center moves across the X, Y, and Z linear axes, but also rotates on the A and B axes – allowing the cutting tool to approach components from any direction.
- Precision Machining – Whether you're looking for custom tools and dies or steel tools for a medical facility, precision CNC machined parts are necessary to help your company running smoothly
- Deburring – Our CNC engineers undertake the microscopic deburring of complex projects with unparalleled attention to detail.
Superior Consistency and the Tightest Tolerances
Owens Industries serves companies nationwide with top of the line CNC services, providing the best precision components for the energy industry. When you’re in need of the most precisely-machined components made by a team of trusted experts, Owens Industries is the company for you. Contact us today to get an estimate.
Components we build for the Energy Industry
||Machining Process Used
||Turning and Polishing
||High Polish 4 Micro Finish
||Fine Wire EDM
||Tungsten Nickel Alloy
||250 Micron Thru Holes
||Milling thin dog bone profile over 4"-8" length
||Natural Gas Meter
||OFE C10100 H04 Hard Copper
||Mirror Finish- Polish critical
||6Al-4v Grade 5 Titanium
||4" Diameter Cylinder with 0.008" Thick Wall
||Laser Focal Component
||Drill and Tap 000-120 Threaded Holes